Important notification: First Changes to PADI eLearning®
In order to meet our member’s needs and to streamline the process as much as possible, we have been working on the first series of modifications of the eLearning platform. There will be several changes that we would like to inform you about that may affect the way you do business.
The following changes will be effective as of tonight around 10.00 am PST / 19.00 CET / 18.00 UK.
Changes for PADI Members
- Once the consumer has registered to eLearning, the PADI Dive Center/Resort chosen by the consumer will be receiving a self-billing invoice for their share within approximately 24 hours. There is no longer a need to send an invoice to PADI to receive your share.
- The Member’s share will be credited to the respective Member account within 24 hours.
- Members will receive a monthly eLearning statement, giving you an overview of how many eLearners you had last month and the total amount you got credited. To use this credited money, three possibilities offered:
- Use the credit for purchases of PADI material, renewals, applications etc. (does not work with eShop orders)
- Claim the money back via PayPal within seven days
- Reimbursement via bank transfer (there will be a minimum amount for a bank transfer due to bank fees and charges may apply)
- The invoice will include 20% VAT for PADI Members based in EU countries that do not have a registered VAT number with PADI
- Members with home address outside of European Union and all Members with registered VAT number will not pay any VAT
- PADI eLearning Gift Pass purchases are following the same rules
- The PADI eLearning course prices for consumers in Europe, the Middle East and Africa will remain the same as per their numerical figure however the currency will change from US$ to EUR, GBP, CHF and AU$. i.e The PADI Open Water Diver Course Online will now be EUR 102.00, GBP 84.00, CHF 126.00 and AU$ 130.00, rather than US$130.
You will find here all course prices in all three currencies.
Changes for consumers:
- Instead of charging eLearning transactions in US$ only, PADI eLearning transactions will now be processed in EUR (Euro), GBP (British Pound), CHF
(Swiss Franc), US$ (American Dollar) or AU$ (Australian Dollar) depending on the home country of the eLearning purchasers and consumers. You will find
all course prices here.
- Consumers with a registered home address within a member country of the European Union will be charged 20% VAT.
There will be no changes to the PADI Member revenue share percentage for PADI eLearning. PADI eLearning continues to grow
in importance for PADI Members and this is represented in the US$8.3 million that has been paid out to PADI Members so far.
The changes will make PADI eLearning even more attractive for consumers and be much easier to handle for PADI Members.
We will keep you updated with any further information in regards to these changes as they are implemented. You can also refer to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) document for further clarification
If you have any questions please email [email protected].
ScubaEarth™ – the new PADI online resource and social community for divers (and all water sport enthusiasts) is now available for all PADI Professionals!
ScubaEarth hosts everything from current weather and dive conditions to photos and videos. This is a great tool to stay connected with all of your students, divers and other PADI Pros. Now is the best time to register and set up your profile.
Log In Now!
- Go to the PADI Pros’ Site and use your individual member username and password to log in.
- From the PADI Pros’ Site home page, click on the SE icon to access ScubaEarth.
Update Your Profile Picture
After you log in to ScubaEarth the first thing to update is your profile picture. Change this by going to “Settings” and then selecting a photo to upload from your computer.
Add Personal Information
Right under your profile picture, you’ll see a list of tabs to access the main profile features. The first one is an information tab that directs you to your personal details.
Edit this area by selecting “Profile” under “Settings.” Spend a few minutes describing what’s unique about you as a PADI Professional along with some of your specialties and interests.
Explore More Features
A wide variety of features are available for PADI Members to begin using immediately, including:
- Your “Wall” – shows people your ScubaEarth activity and allows people to leave short messages for you.
- “My Certifications” – displays a list of PADI courses you have completed.
- “My Logbook” – shows a digital version of your logbook. As you create dive sites and share logged dives you can keep a history of all your log details here. Others can browse your logbook to see your experiences.
- Add Photos – associate photos and videos with dives by uploading them on the photo/video tab and tagging them to match the relevant dives. These showcase your dive experiences. Photos and videos are highly viewed content, so post often to make your profile exciting and engaging.
- “Gear Locker” – displays the gear you dive with for others to see.
As this is a BETA site, if you require any support you can use the relevant ‘support link’ in the ScubaEarth footer.
If you have any problems logging in please email [email protected] with your member details.
ScubaEarth is poised to become the ultimate online dive resource. So, set up your profile, log dives, share content, and use ScubaEarth to stay connected!
The ScubaEarth BETA site is now live for PADI Dive Shops and will be available for all individual PADI Pros and consumers in the coming weeks.
ScubaEarth gives PADI Dive Shops:
- Exclusive access for PADI Dive Shops to the largest online community dedicated to scuba divers for free.
- Dedicated platform to communicate and engage with your target market without the noise of other social media or online platforms.
- Increase in leads and sales through multiple call to action opportunities including announcements, offers, updates and consumers activity feeds.
- Sense of belonging and association for divers to their selected Primary PADI Dive Shop.
- Multiple branding opportunities including increased brand recognition and awareness for the selected Primary PADI Dive Shop.
- Exclusive targeted listings as a PADI Dive Shop on the world’s largest dive site database including featured travel destinations.
- Instant acquisition of new and existing divers through PADI eLearning integration.
To get started, visit the PADI Pros’ Site and click the ScubaEarth link!
How can PADI Dive Shops login to the BETA site to get started? Simply login to the PADI Pros’ Site using your PADI Dive Shop username and password. Once logged into the PADI Pros’ Site, you can click over to ScubaEarth by following the ScubaEarth link. You can then ensure your PADI Dive Shop Profile is set up with the correct information and familiarise yourself with ScubaEarth.
The How to Set Up Your ScubaEarth Profile guide is also available in the PADI Pros’ Site to assist PADI Dive Shops with the initial set up.
If you have any questions regarding ScubaEarth please contact your PADI Regional Manager or the PADI EMEA office.