Can’t see the image above? View this post in your web browser.
If you pre-ordered a PADI Open Water Touch – and are an iPad user – the product is now available. Check your email for a message from PADI, or go directly to the PADI Pros Site and follow the instructions below.
- Android users: sit tight, the Android version will be available later this year.
- If you did not receive the email, but have purchased an Open Water Touch, simply go directly to the PADI Pro’s Site – where your redemption code resides.
How to Access Your PADI Open Water Touch
First, download the PADI Digital Library app from the iTunes store. While the app is downloading, login to the PADI Pro’s Site from a desktop or laptop device.
After logging in to the PADI Pro’s Site:
- Click on Online Services from the main menu bar
- Choose Online Processing Center from the dropdown menu
- Choose Process Using New PIC Online
- Accept the Terms and Conditions
From the Online Processing Center
- Locate the Touch Registrations row (pictured below)
- Click on the green Available Codes button
Next you’ll be presented with a “Touch Registration Queue.” If you don’t see any codes, utilize the Filter by Purchase Date drop down. Choose 6 months and your pre-order code will appear (see example below).
Click Select and you’ll be presented with the student info form below. If you were giving this to a diver, this is where you’d enter their information. Since this is a demo for you as an instructor, please enter your personal information below.
IMPORTANT: for the email field, use your PADI Pro email address.
Your Pro email = the one PADI uses to contact you. It can be found in the My Account section of the PADI Pro’s Site.
After completing this form, click Confirm. That’s all there is to do on the Pro’s Site. Now it’s time to download the Touch to your iPad.
The next step is to check your email using your iPad. Look for the email from PADI and choose Redeem your registration code here. You’ll then be prompted for verification.
IMPORTANT: when prompted for a Touch login (see example below), first try your Pro’s Site User Name. If this does not work, try the email associated with your PADI Pro account. The password is the same as your Pro’s Site login. If you’re not sure which email to use, go into the My Account section of the Pro’s Site (main menu bar).
The final step is to access your Touch from the PADI Digital Library app.
- Open the PADI Digital Library app you’ve downloaded from the iTunes store.
- Login using your Pro’s Site email and Pro’s site password.
- Click on the Open Water Diver icon to download.
For additional information on managing your Touch codes and certifying your divers, review this help document (PDF)